Our A+ Reputation professionals can tell you how to promote your Landing Page through 5 stages – and explain why not every landing page SEO promotion works.
What is a landing page and SEO? Understanding the fundamental concepts…
Landing pages are the first call on websites and consist of one page containing the most basic information about a product, service or event. The main goal of creating an attractive landing page is to convert visitors into customers. As a rule, the landing page is reached by links from posts, e-mail messages, banners or SMS. Landing page promotion is a complex process in which SEO can play an important role. It’s all about website optimization (including development, bug fixes and promotion) in accordance with the requirements of search engines. Landing page promotion is really crucial to the success of your business but it doesn’t apply in all SEO situations. We’ll explain why.
SEO landing page promotion – when it is justified
A+ Reputation experts warn those who do not have enough experience in this area against using SEO for a landing page without first analyzing it in detail. It’s important to realise that this is a long-term tool that requires a significant investment of resources, therefore it’s advisable to resort to this method of promotion if:
- Your products or services have a long life cycle.
- There are already specific search queries from users for these products and services.
- There is relatively little competition in this particular niche.
Remember, search engine optimization is not intended for landing pages that offer products on sale or focus users on seasonal offers. In addition, if the product is not initially searched for on the Internet, then it will be difficult to formulate key queries based on it, which also makes it problematic for SEO promotion of the landing page.
Of course, competitors in the top of the search results rarely use a single, one pager for landing purposes. With full-fledged sites and online stores, the probability of achieving leading positions is extremely small.
Landing page promotion – a detailed algorithm
The very first step, of course, is working with user requests. The correct definition of the semantic core is extremely important for a landing page that offers a limited number of characters for description. Therefore, you need to analyze all requests on the topic, selecting about 50 low and mid-frequency ones.
It’s also desirable to carry out what’s known as cluster analysis, which is done manually. As a result, you should have a single, most relevant group which will contain a couple of mid-frequency queries and several low-frequency queries. You can include the primary key in the page url.
The next step should be a quality technical audit, which comprises:
- Choosing the correct pagespeed – less than three seconds. To do this, you need to write the text on the landing page and not insert it in one file, while the images used should not be relegated to the background. Optimization will include both media content, files with css and js permissions, and, of course, the number of requests.
- Of great importance is the creation of a mobile version of the landing, either as a separate site or by adapting the current design. At the same time, all information on each version must be identical and visualized correctly.
- Check and refine the layout for errors – things like visual holes on the site, a design that has changed out of sync and has incorrectly moved modules. All of this has an extremely negative effect on promotion and the landing page will not bring any benefit. The most reasonable thing to do would be to check the landing page with actual validators.
- It is extremely important to specify the region. It is very effective to promote landing pages in non-key regions where there is relatively low competition, and not all sites are optimized for search requirements.
- Set up the main mirror, preferably with the correct https protocol, which Google prefers when issuing search results.
- Don’t forget the .txt file, which will include instructions and directives for search bots to restrict access to the content of the site by search engine bots.
A marketing strategy for promoting a landing page must necessarily include work with external aspects, namely:
- Pay attention to the maximum naturalness of the origin of all links. This is facilitated by the publication of relevant content (long reads, press releases) on sites that inspire confidence. Reduce or eliminate mass mailings altogether. Instead, create more content that mentions the name of the company or product and includes a link to the landing page.
- Use crowd-marketing methods – that is, interact with the target audience on third-party Internet resources in order to attract attention to your product. To do this, you can initiate discussions about the company on thematic forums, review aggregators, and the like.
- Check where the social media buttons are located. They are indexed instantly, which will undoubtedly contribute to more productive promotion. At the same time, the link should not lead to groups or business pages that contain too much distracting content.
- The more information about the company that’s present on the Internet, the better. Therefore, do not forget to mention the physical address in key directories, map services. This information will help the SEO of any landing page.
An important stage in SEO is internal optimization. To explain:
- Set up meta tags and titles. The former are not required, but search engines often refer to them when processing requests. Headings should be polite, but not too dry and formal. It is best to write them in H1-H3 and immediately complete them with keywords.
- Do not forget that the main goal of a landing page is to convert visitors into customers, so the text should be short, clear and encourage action. Of course, it’s better to check it for both spelling and uniqueness on one of the popular services.
- When working with images, remember that their purpose is to grab attention without overwhelming the landing page. Therefore, optimize them for this purpose.
No SEO will be effective without taking into account commercial and behavioral factors and responses. In particular, modern users pay attention to:
- Contact information. This is not only about the physical office and a link to it on the maps, but also about the phone number.
- The possibility to order a callback through a specialized form. According to research, this format of communication is much more effective than an online consultant.
- Availability of prices. Many manufacturers believe that it is better to indicate them in a veiled way or to clarify by calling. But for search engines, this is an important factor, so the cost should be clear, moreover, written in html code, and not in the form of an image or script.
Landing page promotion: How to evaluate the results
Examples in terms of the reaction of visitors include:
- The time spent on the landing page should ideally exceed one minute while the number of those who left the landing page in 15 seconds or less should not be higher than a tenth of the visits.
- To improve the “time on site” metric, you can connect both the possibility of direct consultation on the site and interactive gadgets, such as selection by parameters, calculator or instant calculation.
The bottom line is that an increase in the number of those who made a purchase directly affects both business profits and conversion, which is taken into account by search engines.
How to promote a landing page – a quick guide from A+ Reputation experts
- Remember that not all landing pages are suitable for SEO as a promotion method. It can be used only for goods and services with a large LTV (loan-to-value) ratio, which are often requested and with relatively low competition. SEO in the regions is more effective.
- Analyze all queries manually, make a relevant selection and create a semantic core that excludes high-frequency queries.
- A technical audit must necessarily include not only content and layout optimization, but also the creation of a version for mobile devices, a Robots.txt file, region clarification and a mirror.
- The marketing strategy should include crowd-marketing techniques and the creation of real, high-quality content. In addition, it should be convenient for visitors to click on social media buttons and receive complete information about the company on as many sites as possible, including key directories and mapping services.
- Internal optimization consists not only of working with meta tags, titles and text, but also with contact information, as well as studying texts for literacy and encouraging visitors to make a purchase.
- Do not forget to monitor the indicators of time spent by visitors on the site, strive to increase conversion in all ways, including interactive gadgets. Do remember, set clear prices that give visitors an immediate idea of your products or services.
Based on many years of experience and a glowing success rate by A+, SEO landing page promotion can bring excellent results – but it can only be achieved with competent preliminary analysis and high-quality settings. This is a long-term tool that requires a significant investment of resources. It’s therefore better to entrust such work to professionals like those at A+ Reputation.